About this Policy:
CMP Controls ensures the protection of any personal information it receives, as required by the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act). Such ‘Personal information’ will include, but not limited to, your name, address, email address, telephone number(s) and date of birth.
Collection of personal information and what we do with it:
CMP Controls collects personal information only by lawful and fair means to fulfill the objective of CMP Controls and the function of CMP Controls – which is to sell and deliver products and/ or services to customers. If a customer has not provided accurate and timely information to CMP Controls this can have a bearing on our ability to fulfill our objective and function.
We may also use your personal information for other reasons, including:
- to contact you in relation to any marketing activities currently being run at CMP Controls, which could include an event, special offer or product that you might be interested in;
- preventing fraud and other criminal activities;
- to comply with our legal obligations;
There is no obligation for you to provide CMP Controls with any of your personal information but if you choose not to provide this information, we may not be able to provide the information, goods and/ or services that you require;
Disclosure of personal information:
CMP Controls may use and disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected which is the following:
(1) to set you up as a customer with CMP Controls;
(2) to evaluate your request for a product or service;
(3) to enable us to provide a product or a service to you;
(4) to facilitate the delivery of your product or service;
(5) to facilitate and process your orders and payments;
(6) to carry out or respond to your queries or requests;
(7) to third-party marketing providers, for the purpose of offering you products, services and/ or promotions currently available on CMP Controls;
(8) to parties abroad for the purpose of assisting CMP Controls with providing you with any products and/ or services you have requested;
Opting out or deleting account:
If at anytime you’d like to opt-out of receiving email marketing from CMP Controls, you can do so by following the un-subscribe link on the email sent. Furthermore, if you would like to delete your account on CMP Controls, along with all personal information, you may do so via your customer dashboard or by contacting our customer service team.
Accessing and/or correcting personal information:
You are entitled to access and update your personal information at anytime on CMP Controls. Requests for correction of personal information may be made by contacting our customer service team. Refer to contact details below.
CMP Controls will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information it holds from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, corruption or disclosure.
Our website and ecommerce cart:
CMP Controls may use “cookies” solely for the function to provide our customers with the most relevant information.
Although we will, to our best effort, provide our customers with the very best, secure, services, please note that when sharing and sending information from your computer to our website and ecommerce cart over the Internet, this information is vulnerable to security issues.
Excluding liability that cannot lawfully be excluded, CMP Controls will not be liable, in any way, in relation to any breach of security and/ or any unintended loss and/ or disclosure of information.
Complaints about any breaches of the Australian Privacy Principles by CMP Controls may be made to customer service. Customer Service can be contacted on +613 93360201 or on firstname.lastname@example.org
12 May 2017.